Most women want a complete beauty routine to keep their hair, skin and nails in good shape.
In fact, many invest huge sums of money on skincare products to protect them from the premature signs of aging.
Due to damage from the sun’s harsh rays and toxins in the environment, it’s becoming increasingly necessary to use treatments to counteract the damage.
What few people know is that there are plenty of 100% natural ingredients that you can use for this end.
While we’re all used to commercial products, it’s been proven that many home alternatives offer excellent benefits.
Below we’ll share 5 of the best so that you can incorporate them into your daily beauty routine.
1. Olive oil
xtra virgin olive oil is one of the best beauty products you have in your kitchen.
Its high content of essential fatty acids and vitamin E make it an excellent moisturizer that natural rejuvenates your skin.
Its emollient properties leave skin soft, elastic and blemish free.
Massage a little olive oil into your skin until it’s completely absorbed.
Repeat every night to keep skin hydrated and youthful.
For body, shine and strength, massage a tablespoon of warm olive oil into the scalp.
Let work for 45 minutes, then wash with your usual shampoo.
For healthy nails and cuticles, soak your fingertips in olive oil for 10 minutes.
Repeat this treatment three times a week.
The fruit, pit and oil of the avocado is a great alternative to beautify your body without the use of harsh chemicals.
Its fatty acids hydrate dry skin and accelerate the healing of scars, blemishes and irritation.
It’s great for malnourished hair and brittle nails.
- Crush the pulp of a ripe avocado and use it as a masque on your face and neck.
- Let work for 30 minutes, then rinse.
- Repeat this treatment two or three times per week.
- Mix the pulp of a ripe avocado with a tablespoon of jojoba oil and apply to wet hair.
- Try to completely coat your hair before placing on a plastic cap. Let work for one hour.
- Rinse with cold water. Repeat application twice weekly.
- Make a paste with a tablespoon each of avocado pulp and coconut oil.
- Rub into the nails and cuticles and let work for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water. Use every night before bed.
3. Green tea
Green tea is loaded with antioxidants, making it one of the best foods for preventing premature aging of the skin and hair.
Its active compounds minimize the damaging effects of the sun’s UV rays and stop the action of free radicals.
It’s also useful for fighting hair loss and changes in the nail surface.
- Mix the contents of two bags of green tea with a tablespoon each of honey and lemon juice.
- Mix to create a masque and apply to skin. Let work for 10 minutes.
- Repeat twice a week (preferably at night to avoid the sun’s rays).
- Prepare two or three cups of green tea and strain. Use the liquid to rinse your hair.
- Let work for 30 minutes, then wash as usual.
- Use up to three times weekly.
- Add six drops of wheat germ oil to a cup of green tea and soak your nails for 15 minutes.
- Use up to three times a week.
4. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is one of the best products out there for your hair, skin and nails.
It contains medium-chain fatty acids that hydrate and naturally repair damaged skin.
It’s rich in antioxidants and the nutrients it contains help prevent the premature signs of aging.
Take a tablespoon of coconut oil in the palm of your hands and rub the oil all over your body.
Repeat every night to alleviate dry skin and eczema.
Heat a couple tablespoons of coconut oil and massage into your hair.
Rinse the following morning. Repeat every three days.
Use a little oil to massage your hands and nails every night before going to bed.
5. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar possesses antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Using it on the hair, skin and nails slows the growth of yeast and other germs.
It’s great for balancing the natural pH and removes the residues that adhere to the surface of the skin.
- Mix equal parts apple cider vinegar and water. Use a cotton ball to apply the solution to your entire face.
- Use three times a week to fight acne and excess sebum.
Combine one part apple cider vinegar with three parts water and use as a rinse after shampooing.
- Soak your fingernails in a solution of apple cider vinegar and water. Dry well.
- Using this remedy daily will keep your nails strong and fungus-free.
Do you recognize any of these beauty products? Now you know how to use them to make yourself look beautiful. Go ahead, give them a try.