It is usually caused by an arterial plaque, which is built up on the arterial walls, thus creating a blood clot that prevents the proper flow of the blood. Nowadays, heart attacks are considered as the main cause of death in the US.
According to a recent study cardiovascular diseases or coronary artery disease is the cause for over 1 million deaths per 1 year. And, they can lead to heart attack. Health experts claim that this year about 920,000 Americans will experience a heart attack.
You can prevent heart attack by changing your habits and your lifestyle
Usually, the modern way of living is the reason which leads to heart attack. Luckily, you can reduce the risk of this condition by making some changes in your lifestyle and diet.
Karolinska Institute considers that people can reduce the risk of heart attack by 80% if they make a change in their way of living, and adhere to these 5 habits.
5 Healthy Habits That Can Prevent Heart Attack
- Healthy well-balanced diet
- No alcohol
- No smoking
- Healthy waist circumference
- Regular physical activities
The consumption of processed food and sugar and food which is full of refined carbohydrate can seriously threaten your health. But, the saturated fats which are found in butter, lard, and eggs are beneficial for your health since they can reduce bad cholesterol or LDL, which is related to all heart diseases.
There are 2 types of cholesterol particles:
- Low-density cholesterol (LDL)
- High-density cholesterol (HDL)
LDL leads to plaque buildup, which makes it harmful. The consumption of soda, bread, and white-flour can increase LDL cholesterol levels. HDL, on the other hand, is health beneficial.
- Avoid processed sugar, grains, and fructose
- Instead of eating grain carbohydrates, try eating high-quality protein sources, more vegetables, high-quality fats including coconuts, organic egg yolks, avocados, raw nuts, raw dairy, butter, grass-fed meats, organic nut oil, and coconut oil
- The lack of omega-3 can affect your mental and physical health, so make sure to keep your omega-3 and omega-6 ratio in balance. Instead of using vegetable oils, try to use high-quality krill oil. Also, increase the consumption of oily fish such as anchovies, and sardines.
- It is very important to regularly eat fruit since it is a great source of minerals, antioxidants, and a lot of vitamins. Most fruits have anti-inflammatory properties and are great for the health of your heart.
Health experts claim that people who eat fruit (sweeter fruits) on a regular basis have 40% lower risk of cardiovascular disease. You should know these 2 simple rules:
1.People who suffer from insulin or leptin resistance such as people with high cholesterol, overweight people, or diabetics should limit their intake of fruit. Actually, their fructose intake a day should not be more than 15 grams.
2.People who do not have any health issues and have normal weight should regularly consume fruit. It is very important to eat fruit after exercising because this sugar is used as fuel by your body, and it prevents the increase of blood sugar levels.
One of the most common diabetes drugs is metformin which is related to a higher risk of TSH – low levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone. Low TSH can affect your overall health and cause cardiovascular issues including atrial fibrillation that can lead to congestive heart failure.
A recent study showed that you can reduce blood glucose levels if you treat diabetes type 3 with prescription drugs. But, the risk of death from heart-related diseases will be increased.
Beta-blockers and Scientific Misconduct
Beta-blockers have the ability to prevent the norepinephrine and neurotransmitters epinephrine (adrenaline) from binding to beta receptors.
Even though patients who do not need a heart surgery are given beta-blockers, it has been proved that only in Europe these blockers have caused death in 800,000 patients.
You need to protect your heart
- Increase the consumption of unprocessed saturated animal fats.
- Reduce exposure to stress and anxiety.
- Exercise regularly: stretching, core workout, high-intensity interval training, and weight-lifting.
- Avoid sitting for too long.
- Increase the intake of vitamin D. You can take vitamin D supplements or spend more time in the sun.
- Cut out sugars such as processed fructose and grains.
- Make sure to avoid statins because they produce side effects
- In order to get some potent antioxidants from the earth, make sure to walk barefoot. The inflammation in the body can be relieved when these antioxidants are carries through the free electrons.